"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old." ~ Edgar Watson Howe

9/7/09

I'm Not Irish Or A Saint

Hi, my name is Dymphna and I was named after an Irish Saint, she is the patron saint for the nervous, mentally ill and epileptics. I worked as an Activity Assistant/Director in Nursing Homes for about 7 1/2 years. As an Activity Director I was to provide an ongoing program of activities designed to meet the interests, the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of
each resident. I tried my best to meet those needs, but felt limited by my own knowledge, skills and abilities. By this I mean, I am not an expert at anything in particular, my skills are limited when it comes to spirituality, party planning, crafts, fitness etc. etc. etc.
I recently found a world that I never knew existed, THE LAND OF BLOGS!!! WOW there are experts for EVERYTHING sharing their knowledge and ideas with others! I am starting my own blog to collect ideas for future use and to share with others that can use them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment