2. Invite friends and family to join you, the more the merrier.
3. Set up a reward system that works for you.
4. Give yourself a gold star for every healthy choice you make.
5. Buy yourself a pair of jeans from a thrift store or new if you prefer, for every 10 stars you earn.
6. Picture your self wearing something you would like to wear once your at the size you want. Do this at least once a day.
7. When craving that snickers or Big Mac with fries give yourself 30 minutes to try to talk yourself out of it.
8. If you talk yourself out of an unhealthy choice, reward yourself with something non-food such as flowers or a good book.
9. If you just have to have that Big Mac create 3 hoops you must jump through before you eat it, such as drinking 8 oz. of water first, brush your teeth before you eat it, eat a piece of fruit first. Once you've jumped through 3 hoops of your choice eat the Big Mac. What the heck life is too short.
10. Share your challenges and accomplishments daily with your support group.
11. Put a wii on layaway or buy one if you have the money.
Hi, my name is Dymphna and I was named after an Irish Saint, she is the patron saint for the nervous, mentally ill and epileptics.
I worked as an Activity Assistant/Director in Nursing Homes for about 7 1/2 years. As an Activity Director I was to provide an ongoing program of activities designed to meet the interests, the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of
each resident. I tried my best to meet those needs, but felt limited by my own knowledge, skills and abilities. By this I mean, I am not an expert at anything in particular, my skills are limited when it comes to spirituality, party planning, crafts, fitness etc. etc. etc.
I recently found a world that I never knew existed, THE LAND OF BLOGS!!! WOW there are experts for EVERYTHING sharing their knowledge and ideas with others! I am starting my own blog to collect ideas for future use and to share with others that can use them as well.