"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old." ~ Edgar Watson Howe

9/10/09

Every Day Fiction

When I first started in LTC, I worked in an Alzheimer's Unit as an Activity Assistant. Those were some of the best times, not much paper work just me and them spending time together. One of the things I did after lunch was invite them back to the lounge area and read a short story from the Readers Digest. Amazingly it kept their interest and by the time I was done the dining room would be clean and we could move on to our next activity. Here is a site that will email you a short story every day. Try it you might be surprised at the response and it doesn't have to be for Alzheimer's Patients only. Click on title to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment