"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old." ~ Edgar Watson Howe

9/26/09

Bat Mobile: "
arecycled-halloween

bat-mobile

This is not a vehicle for the caped crusader, but rather a hanging mobile! I’ll be periodically featuring recycled projects for Halloween over the next month. In addition to my disdain for plastic crap made in China, I am just frugal.

So here’s an easy project made with thin cardboard. You can use cereal or cracker boxes, or save chipboard from packing materials, like I did here. I think these would also be pretty cut from patterned paper, if you are so inclined. I just cut these from cardboard, poked holes where the eyes should be and hung them to a branch using clear thread. This clear thread looks completely invisible and is light enough for the bats to fly around a bit.

bat-mobile-detail

I’m feeling for bats these days after hearing about the decline in the bat population along the east coast. We need these little critters. I’ll try to post some more batty projects over the weekend.

Just click on the image below and print out the template.

bat-template
"

t9-14-09

No comments:

Post a Comment